Capture Link as Web Archive

Surely, saving links as bookmarks underneath the opened web archive is not bad. But if you want it there as a web archive you have to open the bookmark and save it as web archive. Especially if you’re picking just a dozen of links to be saved that way and the Download feature is an overkill for what you need.

You could process them with a smart rule, like…

2 Likes

Thanks, BlueFrog. In general, I once thought of rules as well, both for batch post-processing or one-by-one.
What I actually mean is that simply reflecting the web clipper options for Safari on the internal browser’s context menu would save a bit of work. If that’s not a bunch of coding for a future update. There are workflows where I sometimes find myself using DT as a browser too and end up collecting tabs and bookmarks for saving them later in different ways.

simply reflecting the web clipper options for Safari on the internal browser’s context menu would save a bit of work.

I’m not sure I follow, but it’s already possible to use Clip to DEVONthink inside DEVONthink. It’s in the Action menu in the Navigation bar.

Actually, the context menu for links inside a web page . . . when seen in the internal DT browser, instead of “Capture Link”.

Development would have to assess the feasibility of this.

1 Like