'Capture Page' – how to add this to normal right click menu?

I was viewing a .webarchive file in my DEVONthink database earlier today and while scrolling through the page, I right clicked and saw ‘Capture Page’.

Is it possible to bring this right click ‘capture page’ feature into the contextual menu?

I installed the ‘Clip to DEVONthink 1.2.2’ Safari add-on but it only appears in the Right Click --> Services contextual menu, and it doesn’t have the ‘capture page’ feature.

Thanks in advance.

If you saw the Capture page contextual menu option (as shown in your screenshot) you had right-clicked in the pane displaying the content of the WebArchive document already captured into your database. It’s already in the contextual menu options for that context.

You will also see a related contextual menu option, to update the captured WebArchive to the current version that’s displayed online.

If, instead, you had right-clicked on the Name of the document in a view window, the context is different and you won’t see the Capture page contextual menu or update options.

The DEVONthink clipper should appear in your Safari toolbar – a button like this:

When clicking that button, the clipper will open and you will have these options for saving the current Safari tab:

There is no “Right Click → Services contextual menu” in Safari, and the Clipper is not a service in any menu anywhere.

Thanks for all the replies.

What I really want is to be able to right click a webpage in Safari and be able to capture that in a single PDF file.

My current workflow is:

1. Manually save the webpage by +S and enter to desktop.
  2. Drag web archive from desktop to DEVONthink.
  3. Click web archive and open it up in the preview pane.
  4. Right click web archive in preview pane, hover to ‘capture’, select ‘capture single PDF’.

It takes quite a while (and the time really adds up) and I was hoping to be able to do this directly in Safari.

Right. I’ve got the DEVONthink Clipper working now. It’s absolutely brilliant, thanks. Saves a lot of time.

Also, you can get the Bookmarklet and invoke it via a Command key, depending on it’s order from left to right in the Bookmarks bar. For example, if PDF the first item in the Bookmarks bar, pressing Command-1 will create a PDF of the current page in DEVONthink.

Yep, I love how the settings are ‘sticky’ (don’t change after I set it), so that I can just press +Shift+C and then +S afterwards to get it sent to DEVONthink.