Catalina-Long term Scanner solution

OS Catalina
DTPO 2.11.3
Canon DR-C125
Past Workflow- Run Canon Capture Onetouch and send to DT inbox (DT performed the OCR)

Recently upgraded mac OS to Catalina and planning to upgrade DT3.

Immediate Issue is that currently Scanner is no longer supported (under Catalina). I have been viewing similar issues\solutions in the forum and downloaded third party software (vuescan or exactscan)

Although this is cheaper than buying a new scanner ( and seems to future proof out dated drivers) , I am experiencing 3 issues with the software( i may be doing something wrong):

1. Software does not allow me to rotate or rearrange pages prior to sending to inbox
  2. software sends each page as a separate pdf .
  3. OCR versions are not creating a searchable pdf when i send to DT inbox.

Another concern with the 3rd party software:
I may be mistaken but i thought read in one of the threads, that unlike in DT2, you cannot scan\send to inbox and have DT3 process file like in the past. If this is true then it seems like i have to have an external software that performs OCR.

I am looking for a long term workflow\solution (usable in both DT 2 and DT 3) and not be purchasing unnecessary hardware\software.

Thank You

(usable in both DT 2 and DT 3)

Why usable in version 2.x?

you cannot scan\send to inbox and have DT3 process file like in the past. If this is true then it seems like i have to have an external software that performs OCR.

That is not entirely correct.
You should not set the output path of an external scanning application like ScanSnap Home, Vuescan, or Exactscan to the Global Inbox.
You should set the Send to or Open With application to DEVONthink 3.

Thank you for that info:
I am testing exactscan first; using basic version. I have file saving to documents and open with DT as shown in screen-capture. File imports however DT still not processing. Exact|450x500

This is incorrect for Catalina. DEVONthink Pro Office cannot do OCR on Catalina. This has been discussed on these forums and on our blog:

Since my goal was to upgrade to DT3 PRO anyway (I was just looking for temp solution ), then according to what i am reading in article, that will solve my issue.

However just to confirm my understanding is correct:

1. I can use Exactscan non-pro version (to accommodate non-compliant scanner) to
  2. Send to global inbox for DT3 PRO.
  3. DT3 PRO will perform OCR and create the searchable pdf

Thank You from providing article.

1. I can use Exactscan non-pro version (to accommodate non-compliant scanner) to
  2. Send to global inbox for DT3 PRO.
  3. DT3 PRO will perform OCR and create the searchable pdf

Yes and no.

You should not set the output path to DEVONthink’s Global Inbox.
You should use the default suggested by Exactscan or use the ~/Pictures folder.
You should set the Open with application to DEVONthink 3.