change background colour in a text item

I Copy | Paste -ed DAgent search results into DT.

DA displays each search result (in my default config) with alternating white and pale blue background.

When I Copy | Paste data from a DA search result that happens to have the said pale blue background, that background gets copied into my DT text item.

Yet, I want the text w/out the background copied into my DT item.

I tried to highlight it in DT with a white background, but, alas, there is no white hightlighter - surprise, surprise :slight_smile:

How can I get rid of the pale blue pasted-in background that came from DA?

I’m not sure if there’s a simpler way to do this but…

if you select all of the text that you pasted into DT and go to Format -> Highlight The entire document will be highlighted.

Next, select the desired text once again and follow the same path, selecting highlight once again, (or use the shift + command + L key combo) and all of the highlighting will be gone, resulting  in a white background.

So…it looks like you have to change the highlighting copied from DA to "DT highlighting" and then remove it.

In other words, copy and paste into DT, select the entire document or set of text (command +A), then hit the command + shift + L key combo. The entire document is now highlighted. Once again select the entire document or set of text (command +A), once selected, use command + shift + L.

Bingo, all white.

Aaah, you are a champ, milhouse.
Thank you kindly.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

You can also use the color panel to modify background colors - just select the text, open the color panel, activate the "Background" checkbox and choose the desired color.