Change Date of PDF to an Older Date

I’m only about a week into working with DTP, and I’m not clear on how to change the “Creation” date on a PDF to indicate either the true creation date or the date I discovered the info it contains.

For instance, I’ve scanned information that I ran across in April 2007. Can I change the date of the newly created PDF now located in DTP to be 04-01-2007, instead of 01-26-2008?

I downloaded the script referred to in another post (“Set date…scpt”) and placed it in /Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts. Will this script perform the desired task? It’s not showing up in the Scripts drop-down menu. Is that the correct location? How do I run the script?

General script question: I assume that all the scripts provided on the website should be placed in the same location and accessed the same way as is applicable to the “Set date…scpt”?

Thanks for some help! :slight_smile:

No, you placed the script into the wrong location. But it may be available nonetheless if you look in the global Scripts menu > Folder Actions.

Use of scripts is a strong point of DT Pro and DT Pro Office (but are not available for DT Personal Edition).

If you place your date-changing script into ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro/Dates/ it will become available under DT Pro’s Scripts menu when the application is frontmost.

There are some scripts (not this particular one) that should be available for use when another application is frontmost. Such scripts should be placed in the global Scripts menu, so should be placed into ~/Library/Scripts/DEVONthink Pro/.

Indeed, that works! Thank you so much!