Change sync location from Dropbox to iCloud

I started out setting up sync on Dropbox, using a Macbook Air, iPad Pro, and iPhone 7. Got it working, began loading data into Devonthink Pro Office, and found I had exceeded the limit on my free Dropbox account. I have over 150 GB available on iCloud, so I want to move the sync location there.

What do I need to do to make the move, ending up with nothing on Dropbox and sync on iCloud? My best guess:

1. Set up a new sync location on iCloud from the Mac, and allow it to fully sync.
  2. Replicate the new location on the iPad and iPhone.
  3. Uncheck the Dropbox sync location.
  4. Delete all the data in Apps/Devonthink Packet sync.

You cannot Sync DEVONthink To Go 2 with iCloud, so you may want to rethink your strategy.

Then in DTP preferences, what is “New iCloud Drive Sync store”? I thought this meant I could sync to iCloud. Oh! Wait. You said I could not sync “Devothink To Go” with iCloud. So, in other words, the iOS devices can’t sync there? Just Macs?

Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and upgrade my Dropbox acct.

Are there any plans to allow syncing to iCloud from DTTG in the future?

Correct. Currently iCloud is only feasible for Mac-to-Mac Syncing. There are technical challenges due to the way Apple implemented the service. When those can be overcome we will offer it as a Sync location.

Can we expect the limitation to be overcome with iOS 11? I am able to sync other services between Mac and iOS using iCould. It would be nice to take full benefit of the new 2Tb account from Apple.

No, you can’t expect a change as Apple still has changed nothing that makes it feasible.