changing font and adding bullets to "take notecard" script

Hi all,

For 6 or 7 years now, I have been using the incredibly helpful “Note on Source” template from Eric Bohnisch-Volkmann and Christian Grunenberg. (I originally found it at Konrad Lawson’s site here: muninn.net/blog/2010/08/revistin … evonthink/) It creates a new Text document preformatted with title and source link from a central “bibliography” card for each source. It’s incredibly useful.

I’m posting because I’d like to change the script to do two things, which I have to do manually each time I make a new notecard:

1. Adopt 10-point font for the entire new Text document
  2. Begin the new Text document with a nested bullet list for easier note-taking

I feel like I should be able to figure this out myself, but I can’t. Does anyone have any suggestions about a line or two that I could add to the code [EDIT: no longer posted below] that will do this? I have read it over multiple times, but can’t see anything that would be an obvious place to tinker with formatting settings.

Many thanks for any help!!

Note that the script does not operate stand-alone – because it is intended to be incorporated in the DEVONthink .templatescriptd template available for download at Konrad Lawson’s site, linked above. I suggest you modify your posting and delete the script since it is not what needs changed.

To make the changes mentioned above, it is not the script that you adjust.

1. Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Templates.noindex and in that folder locate _Note on Source___Cmd-Ctrl-M.templatescriptd
  2. Right-click or control-click the .templatescriptd document and choose Show Package Contents. The template will now appear as a folder.
  3. Within the folder navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Templates.noindex/_Note on Source___Cmd-Ctrl-M.templatescriptd/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/Note.rtf
  4. Open Note.rtf in TextEdit and modify the font and add bullets as needed.
  5. Save, Quit TextEdit

The changes will appear the next time you use the template. Take care not to change any file names, delete anything, or remove or change any pre-existing text in the .rtf file edited in step (4) above.

This is fantastic. Thank you!! I should have asked years ago. And I’ll go back and edit the original post now . . .

EDIT:
IT WORKS! This feels like Prometheus bringing fire back from Olympus. (OK, I am not the world’s most tech savvy person…) Thank you again!!