Changing Highlight Color

Hello all,

I finally went for it and purchased DevonThink Personal, after working with the trial version for a while.

There’s a lot of things I like, but one thing that bugs me is that I haven’t been able to change the highlight colors.

Some are far too dark to read on the display, and even on monochrome laser prints. Yellow, on the other hand, needs to be a little darker, else the highlighting is invisible on a monochrome printout.

Anyway, I assumed that the label color preference pane would fix that, but while I can change those colors, they have no effect on the highlight colors.

Is there any way to change the highlight colors?

I attach myself to this topic to file a problem with highlight and full screen: if I use highlight at the end of a line in full screen mode (with black background) strange things happens when I comes back to normal view.

The colors aren’t customizable yet. But after opening the Colors panel and activating the “Background” checkbox, you’re able to change the background color of selected rich text that way too.

Changing background color might sometimes be useful, but is a lot more work than the highlight contextual menu.

Is there any technical difference between highlighting and background color, i.e. is highlighting just a quick way to change the background color?

That’s correct.

Thanks for the clarification.

I went ahead and made this a feature request:

devon-technologies.com/phpBB … php?t=5141