Clean it now / Different Encryption Key

Have a local DT3 syncstore connected to Dropbox and would like to connect to DTTG to it but I added a password to the syncstore. The password that I thought that I set does not work, I get an “invalid encryption key” on DTTG. So I thought that I could try to change the password on DT3 but a pop-up appears saying: “Different Encryption Key: the sync location xxxx.dtcloud has been already used, it’s recommended to clean it now. Afterwards the new encryption key will be used.”, with the option of Cleaning or Cancel.

Not sure about the implications of pressing Cleaning. Can someone please explain what happens after pressing the Cleaning option?

Also, can I just delete the password and not have a password? Think that I read somewhere that the password is mainly necessary with DTServer.

Enter the encryption key you used in DEVONthink or leave it blank if you didn’t use one in DEVONthink.

@BLUEFROG Thank you for taking time to provide guidance. Unfortunately I cannot “enter the encryption key you used in DevonThink…” because as I mentioned in my post…“The password that I thought that I set does not work,…”.

Still my questions remain unanswered:

1. "Not sure about the implications of pressing Cleaning. Can someone please explain what happens after pressing the Cleaning option? "

Will it just wipe the existing password? Will I have to resync all data? Something else?

1. Also, can I just delete the password and not have a password? Think that I read somewhere that the password is mainly necessary with DTServer.

After pressing the Cleaning option, will I have the option to leave the password blank?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

No problem.

Will it just wipe the existing password? Will I have to resync all data? Something else?

It removes the sync data. You can change the encryption before resyncing.

After pressing the Cleaning option, will I have the option to leave the password blank?

After the clean has been reported successfully in Window > Log, Control-click the sync location, select Show Info, and you can modify the key. However this must be done before you start syncing databases.

After pressing the Cleaning option, the log shows for all databases “invalid encryption key”. With “Control-click the sync location”, encryption is now blank indicating in gray “Recommended” and " Verify". At synchronization the log shows “invalid encryption key” for each “file action”, which I am guess it is trying to sync each database.

Just now received the following error in the Log. “The operation couldn’t be completed (NSURLE Error Domain error -1001)” And under info “Timeout. (NSURLEerror Domain -1001)”. What does this mean?

Have not received any further feedback from anyone at DT3 regarding a solution to this serious problem. Started a support ticket 2 days ago and have not had any feedback via that channel. Very concerning.