Clicking a hyperlink to a search opens the search window in the background

In my Daily Note template I have a hyperlink (populated by the template) as follows:

[Meetings Today](x-devonthink://search?query=20231107%20notetype:meeting%20kind:markdown%20scope:Notebox)

The link works perfectly, except that it opens the search results window in the background. If I have many DT windows open (which is usually the case), I need to press Cmd+ repeatedly to find the window with the search results.

To my mind this is a bug… clicking a hyperlink should bring the resulting document to the foreground.

Even better would be for DT to support tabbed documents. I know that if I Cmd+click on a hyperlink in a Markdown document in DT it opens the linked-to document in a tab.

I would dearly love to be able to force DT to better support a tabbed workspace. Saving workspaces (Go > Workspaces > Add… / Update…, etc.) correctly saves and restores windows with documents opened in a tabbed window using Cmd+click. It would be wonderful to be able to drag / dock windows together and save these as a workspace.

It would be wonderful to be able to drag / dock windows together and save these as a workspace.

Tabbed windows aren’t supported and no concrete plans to implement them.

Even better would be for DT to support tabbed documents. I know that if I Cmd+click on a hyperlink in a Markdown document in DT it opens the linked-to document in a tab.

As you state in your second sentence, DEVONthink already does support tabbed documents, and via the mechanism you refer to as well.
And Shift-Command-click opens the item in a new focused tab.

May I ask why tabbed windows are of little interest?

Also, the issue remains where, when I have multiple windows open, clicking (or shift-clicking, shift-command-clicking, etc.) on the search hyperlink mentioned above, the search is performed but the results appear in one of the “list” windows somewhere in the background. This makes my workflow painful / inefficient.

At the least, could things be arranged so that clicking (with whatever combination of modifier keys) brings the search results to the front?

Pretty please? :slight_smile:

It seems that DT is “recycling” one of the already-open “list” windows when I click on the search link. Is there a way to force DT to not recycle one of the currently open “list” windows and instead create a new window?

I ask because if I close all “list” windows and leave open only “document” windows, then a new “list” window is created (with the results of the search) and it comes to the foreground as expected.