Clip text as a rich text note?

Hi, I’m using the Clip to DEVONthink bookmarklet and I’d like to be able to clip text as a rich text note instead of a plain text note, as I’ll often copy in images to the notes. Currently, it creates a plain text note, which I have to convert manually to rich text to be able to paste in images. Is there a preference setting or a way to change DEVONthink’s behavior so it clips it into a rich text note by default? Thanks!

I think not. But for this you can use Services (in Safari) with a shortcut:
command+shift+9

I use this most of the time, otherwise the HTML-bookmarklet.

Hope this helps.

The attached image shows a number of Services options available in Cocoa browsers such as Safari, DEVONagent and the DEVONthink browser (but not Firefox).

Select text/images, Control-click (right click) and select a capture option to send the selected area to your DEVONthink database.

Keyboard shortcut tips:
Capture rich text: Command-)
Capture plain text: Command-(
Capture WebArchive: Command-%

Thanks for your helpful reply, Bill–that’s really nifty! Unfortunately, Firefox is my current browser of choice and I’m reluctant to switch to another browser because of the plugins I have in Firefox. It would be great if there was a bookmarklet like the Selection one that clipped to rich text instead! :slight_smile:

Please direct a complaint to the developers of Firefox. :slight_smile:

Any idea why there are duplicate entries for DEVONthink Pro Office and DEVONthink Pro? Thought you only have one installed at a time, but maybe Services aren’t smart enough to filter out what’s currently uninstalled?

Haha, will do Bill. :slight_smile:

Actually, I’ve been giving the most recent build of Chromium a try, and I think I like it… However, I was under the impression that it was a Cocoa app, yet I find the DT services greyed out. Is there a workaround for this, or am I just wrong about Chromium being Cocoa?

Hi alshain,

maybe this will work: “Almost Rich-Text” Note from Firefox

Cheers