Clip to DevonThink 1.2.3 for Firefox 22.0

Hi,

With the DevonThink script Firefox 22.0 goes nuts:

It’ll use 100% of CPU, when opening a lot of tabs (261 tabs, a loop!) with this script “Clip to DevonThink”(1.2.3) , the whole Mac is going nuts!

So then I’m I correct that I cannot use FFox and Chrome for DT webclippings, only Safari?!

with best regards,
Omar K N
(Stockholm, Sweden)

I see no problem using Clip to DEVONthink under Firefox 22.0. It behaves as it has always performed with Firefox.

Personally, I rarely use Clip to DEVONthink, as I rarely wish to capture a full Web page. Instead, to improve the efficiency of searches and the AI assistants, I prefer capturing only the information content of the page that interests me, such as a desired article, excluding irrelevant images and text. I’ll select the desired area of the page and press the keyboard shortcut Command-) to capture it as rich text.

But Firefox and Chrome can’t handle Services properly, and a rich text capture doesn’t work with those browsers. I don’t use either when I wish to capture data from the Web.

The new Formatted Notes capture in Clip to DEVONthink doesn’t capture images, when used in Firefox. But it does capture images when used in Safari.

prefer capturing only the information content of the page that interests me, such as a desired article, excluding irrelevant images and text.

Agreed!

So now I’ll move back to Safari as default browser, mostly for ONE reason:

With Take Rich Note the url will be saved, too - not with Take Plain Note (from Chome, FFOX), which is a drawback as I like to use all of those browsers.

/
My thoughts,

with best regards,
Omar K N
(Stockholm, Sweden)

I switched to FF-22 from Chrome (CPU hog) for it’s better developer tools. I can’t get Clip to DevonThink 1.2.3 to work. Can’t find a GUI component, and Command-) doesn’t work. Reboot doesn’t change a thing.

What am I missing? :confused:

The current version of Firefox is 30.0. I just tested a Clip to DEVONthink capture as Formatted Note and that worked.

However, as I previously noted, Firefox doesn’t support the Service to capture rich text, so the Command-) shortcut doesn’t work. Firefox can capture selected text as plain text, so the Command-( shortcut for the Service to capture as plain text does work. (Chrome has similar issues.)

The Service keyboard shortcut to capture a selected area of a page as rich text does work in Safari, DEVONagent Pro and DEVONthink’s browser.

Good golly! And FF kept telling me I was “up-to-date”. :smiley:

Thanks very much. That works nicely. I was spoiled by capturing web pages as PDF using Clip to Devonthink, but I can get over it (or switch over to Safari for those tasks). :slight_smile: