Clipper doesn't seem to work

DVT 3PRO user here.
I try to clip a page nothing is in the comment field. It clips to a folder but I don’t see any new item in the database. If I use the Share to Devonthink, it launches the same clipper window but no new clip get created.

What am I doing wrong?

I try to clip a page nothing is in the comment field. It clips to a folder but I don’t see any new item in the database.

It is unclear if you are reporting two different behaviors here: no comment and no file?

Steps to reproduce would be helpful.

Which browser did you use and which URL did you try in which format? Was the clutter-free layout enabled?

Ex. I tried to clip this page https://hackertarget.com/tcpdump-examples/

Here is a screen shot. When I clip share, Add to DT3 and click add the DT clipper goes away.
Yet no new clip appears in my database.

I am seeing no issue with clipping that page in the Share menu.
Does it persist after rebooting the machine?

I have not tried to reboot. I don’t see anything in the smart group for today either.

Do I need to select text on the page to clip or will it clip the whole page if I select formatted note?

Didn’t persist after rebooting.

Clipping as a formatted note will clip the page, not the selection. However, if the selection can be detected in the browser, it should be included as a Finder Comment in DEVONthink.

What makes the selection detectable by the browser? If I try to clip this page, nothing shows up in the comments. I am using Safari 13.0.1

It’s browser dependent and nothing in our control. We may find other ways around this in the future.