Cloud synch problem

When I open my database, I get a note saying a number of the files are missing. I think that’s because they’ve been uploaded to the iCloud. I’m guessing that the best way to prevent this is to have all my files on a local drive–is that right? If so, any suggestions on a less-than-manual search of the iCloud for the missing files? (In other words, is there a way to automate d/ling the right files?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,
Charles Hogg

Your assessment of the cause is very likely the correct one. You should be indexing locally stored files.

While it only provides a list, Window > Log lists every missing file. This list can also be generated in the Log window via File > Verify & Repair on the database, if needed.

Thank you! That’s what I thought.

Can anyone help with how to fix this without having to manually deal with 146 files? Any amount of automation would be helpful…

Best,

Charles Hogg

Perhaps your files are scattered around the filesystem? If you can consolidate them into one or more folders, then index the folders, might work better for you. Also, as mentioned by @BLUEFROG best to index files/folder that are on the local file system.

1 Like