CloudKit Error 429

I have been trying for a few days to sync my main Mac DT3 database to DTTG on my iPhone. I tried first syncing to my Synology WebDAV server but the syncing seems to never finish on the iPhone.

So I decided to try created an iCloud/CloudKit sync store. It goes fine for a while then I get a series of Code 429 errors like this on the Mac.

Thoughts?

As backup sync, I have Bonjour enabled on my Mac
and a sync location on my DTTG devices

Your first steps shouldn’t be to add yet another sync location. As has been mentioned many times, your first steps are to look at these things:

• What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, tap it. What is reported?

Also what version of macOS and DEVONthink are you running?

DTTG timed out repeatedly - I do not have the error acceeessible now

Sonoma 14.1

DT3 3.9.7b1

DT3 log is in my initial post

Do you mean Sonoma 14.4.1?

No

I guess I haven’t upgraded in a while

Might that be pertinent?

Updating the OS on both Mac and iPhone has ended those errors - still syncing a huge database but seems to be going much smoother now. Simple things first :slight_smile:

Probably too much traffic in too little time cause Apple’s servers to throttle the requests. The sync honors the retry intervals but doesn’t endlessly retry each request and finally logs an error afterwards in case of failure. And then the next scheduled/automatic sync kicks in and logs the next error and so on. Maybe things will be smoother again after waiting a few hours or a day.

1 Like