CloudKit "File missing of database" error: how to solve?

I find in the log a File/Action ‘iCloud (CloudKit) message’ stating under Info “File X missing of database Y”. The exact same message repeats every minute (after automatic syncing) (same file X, same database Y). The file is unknown to me, with a weird .manifest extension (long hexadecimal.manifest name). The same message shows on different computers syncing to the same database.

Right-clicking the log line only shows a dimmed pop-up menu.
Neiter Verify & Repair, Optimize, and Rebuild solves the issue.
The file is not present in the ‘Orphaned files’ folder.
I cannot find that file via the Finder.

Any other suggestion?

1 Like

Please verify the sync store (see contextual menu in Preferences > Sync) - is this successful?

I did both a ‘Verify location quickly’ and ‘Verify database quickly’. Both gave me a ‘successfully verified’ statement in the log, but the same ‘file missing’ messages keep popping up every minute (each time double)…

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key to start a support ticket, thanks.

OK, done.
Thanks for the support!

After your instructions via email to clean the database from the Sync preferences pane, enabling syncing after the clean was successful. No more error messages! Thanks for the support!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it and you’re welcome :slight_smile:

Hello. I am having the same issue. What is the fix for this same problem. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, I am having the same issue at DT.

I have done verify database at the database and at the sync store. I have cleaned the database at the sync store. But the problem is not solved. I have noticed 1 file in DTTG is not sync to DT. How can I fix this?

1 Like

Does cleaning the complete sync store and uploading the database(s) again fix this? In addition, do you have enough cloud space for all your databases?

As can be seen from my log, I have verified and clean the database. It didn’t fix the problem. Yes, I have enough cloud space for all my databases.

What did fix the problem are:

1. I manually update the missed sync file in DT
  2. I stop the sync of the affected database in DTTG
  3. I delete the affected database in DTTG
  4. I sync the affected database in DT
  5. I reselect the affected database for sync in DTTG
1 Like

What does this exactly mean? And you didn’t clean the sync store?

I did. I know there is 1 file in DTTG not sync to DT. It is a Markdown file. I know what I have changed in DTTG. So, I update it in DT. Thereafter, I verified and clean the database in DT.

Then I perform the rest of the steps (2-5).

Does a verification of the sync store (see e.g. contextual menu in Preferences > Sync) on the Mac report any issues in the Window > Log panel?

No more. All fixed.