Commenting system

I would liek a commenting system that allows me to attach searchable comments to sections of text as well as to the document as a whole. It would really help in developing references and citations. It would have to accommodate all kinds of documents, including PDFs.

Thanks.

Also, is full support for OmniGraffle documents still in the cards?

At present you can enter searchable comments in the document’s Info panel. That works for any file type.

When I’m doing a writing project I will duplicate important reference files to a subgroup in my project group, so that I’m free to markup (notes, comments, links, partial deletion, etc.) the reference document without messing up the original document.

We hope to add some additional documents to the “recognized” file types in version 2.0. Can’t make specific promises about OmniGraffle at this time.

In the meantime, if you need to reference an OmniGraffle document in your database, you can open it under the OmniGraffle application, select Print to invoke the Print panel, click on the PDF button and select “Save to DEVONthink Pro.scpt”. Note that if you have the Path to the original OmniGraffle file, you can paste that path into the Info panel URL field of the corresponding PDF file in your database.