Confused by Outlines

Is there some documentation or video somewhere that shows how to use outline items in DevonthinkPro 2 beta?

Once I create an outline item I have no idea how to use it. I’ve been trying to figure it out but I still have no clue.

I did import a small outline from Omni Outliner and it appeared in a folder in Devonthink—but not within an outline item.

But I can’t seem to create any kind of outline within Devonthink itself.

Thanks

As far as I can tell, outline mode is simply a way to have checkbox items in DT, i.e., a to-do checklist that lends itself to a GTD workflow. Yes, you can export the items in opml and then make them into an outline in something like Notebook or Outliner, but you can do the same with any group in DTP. Importing from Notebook or Outliner simply gives you a list of checkbox items in DTP. I don’t know if this is the intent, but that seems to be the case.

In DTP Univers outline is a synonym for checkbox :wink:

I do a lot of outlining in DTP (but almost never use checkboxes)
You have to switch the file list order to unsorted (not posible in 3-pane view) then you can drag and arrange documents. It is not as comfortable as in Omni Outliner but you have some DTP-benefits instead (e.g. wiki links, replica, search possibilities, multiple windows).

Johannes