Congratulations and Thank you for DTTG3! 🎉

My favourite handwriting tool is the Notability app on an iPad with an Apple pencil
The note is saved in Devonthink, in ocr’d pdf format

Hi Eric,

Haven’t done a video as Jim @BLUEFROG has already explained that the contextual menus only work on one item, so this was why I experienced this behaviour; the reason it confused me was that it showed both items as selected with a tick, so I’d thought the menu function would act on all selected items. Would be great if it were possible for the menu functions to work on all selected items, as this would avoid any difficulty or inaccuracies when attempting to drag and drop. Did you still need a video clip to clarify?

On a separate note, I’ve discovered that I’ve got a Groups in my Favourites that refuse to be removed however many times I select “Remove from Favourites” in the long press contextual menu. Is this a bug? Thought I should let you know. Maybe should try removing it on my Mac and see if DDTG3 follows suit?

Weird thing is that if I add a file or a group to Favourites using my iPad on DDTG3 I can remove it again, but not any of the others. I’ve also got one group that appears in my Favourites list with a black Star shown next to it (unlike any of the others) and this item doesn’t even have the option listed to ‘Remove from Favourites’ in the contextual menu! See screenshots

A sync issue perhaps?

Favorites with a star are set in the Files app and just mirrored in DEVONthink To Go.

Except when they’re not—I have starred favorites in DTTG 3.0.2 that are not favorited in the Files app and I can’t seem to remove them from Favorites in DTTG. Any other possibilities?

1 Like

Reboot the device and check File’s favorites again. It’s still a buggy application so perhaps it’s just not showing them.

Thanks—always sensible advice. However, I restarted the device and the same starred folders are still in my DTTG favorites.

You’re welcome. But are they in Files.app’s Favorites?

They are not in the Files.app’s favorites.

In this case please paste the following special URL into Safari’s address bar on the device and press the Enter key:

x-devonthinktogo://fix-favorites

This clears favorites ‘stuck’ from version 2. Does it do the trick?

2 Likes

That worked — Favorites is now cleared of all starred folders — thanks!

2 Likes

Updated to latest version of DTTG (3.0.3) and I was pleased to discover that after selecting multiple items the Organise tool in the menu bar below gives the option to move multiple items to a specified destination (in addition to drag and drop) as well as duplicate and other super handy options. Thank you so, so much for this - it’s a HUGE time saver when you’re spending a lot of time on DTTG rather than the Mac version. Great improvement,

Hadn’t realised you could Mark items or folders as Favourites in Apples Files App or how that impacts on how DDTG can interact with them afterwards - hence the star! All sorted now thanks.

I was having a few major syncing issues (not just with DDTG but also on Mac version using WebDav on my Qnap NAS since a recent upgrade) but in the end I followed Jim’s @BLUEFROG advice (on another thread) and set up a new syncstore and finally got everything working just right. Did have a lot of Ghost files at one point but pretty much all sorted now (phew!) - much thanks to @BLUEFROG :raised_hands::wink:

You’re very welcome!

Did you check out the awesome context menus available when you long-press on an item? They’re discussed in the ? > Help > Manage Items > Context Menus. :slight_smile:

Thanks for that pointer…I had missed that. Very useful.

1 Like