Congratulations

Tremendous! Looking forward to what’s ahead.

PS: Can I raincheck the promotion offer for DT4 upgrade :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you all for your friendly and motivating birthday wishes! I’ve dutifully relayed them to the brain in the fish glass next to me here on the desk :wink:

2 Likes

I fear it’s a bit early for this :wink:

Just adding my best wishes. DT is a great product, but especially the support and customer interaction makes using it worthwhile. Also appreciate the personal level of also remembering those whose used to work with you. Thanks @eboehnisch @BLUEFROG @cgrunenberg!

5 Likes

Best wishes to the team that is standing behind DevonThink. I am a user since 2011 and love organizing knowledge with this outstanding tool. I also want to thank Jim for his fast, intensive and personal support.

I hope you will keep up your work for many following years and enjoy everyday usage on Mac and iPhone.

3 Likes

/blush :slight_smile:

Thank you for the long-standing support in general and your kind words of encouragement in specific. I’m glad to be of service. Here’s to many more years to come :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Congratulations! And thank you for this outstanding product and support!!!

4 Likes

Well deserved congratulations!

Personally speaking this is the most amazing and productive software I have ever worked with. I still find some of the capabilities and functionality unbelievable. :smiley:

Support over the years from the DT folk and this forum has always been great. Thanks, and here’s to the next 20 years!

4 Likes

When I first read about DEVONthink seven years ago I didn’t believe such software exists. Since then I’ve been using it every day and there was probably no week without at least one “What? OK! How cool is that!” moment. It really keeps surprising me.

If there are things I’d like to do that are not built-in then most often the extensive scripting dictionary can do it. Before I knew DEVONthink exists I merely modifided some scripts. With Jim’s incredible support and this forum I learned AppleScript, for which I’m very grateful. It’s so nice to see how other users make their first steps, ask, ask again and some time later come back with their first script. Without DEVONthink a lot of them would probably never get in touch with scripting.

Users mentioning apps made me test them, I’ve got a great deal of what I’m using now this way. A very nice byproduct of this amazing community.

Being quite committed to DEVONthink reading such an announcment …

UI Browser has been a labor of love for me, its sole developer for almost twenty years. Now that I am 79 years old, it is time to bring this good work to a conclusion. Bill Cheeseman, April 17, 2022.

… made me nervous.

However …

… totally eased my mind.

So what’s left?

For me DEVONthink definitively seems to be …

a labor of love

… made by amazing people.

At least that would explain why I often find me thinking “Is this real? Am I dreaming?”

What we have right now is an incredibly useful app paired with an outstanding support and to top it off a vibrant community. Let that sink in.

Congratulations!

6 Likes

What we have right now is an incredibly useful app paired with an outstanding support and to top it off a vibrant community. Let that sink in. Congratulations!

Thank you very much @pete31 and everyone else here :pray:t2: We really enjoyed the last twenty years with all of you here and are looking forward to what’s the next decade will bring :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Congratulations indeed! Thank you to everyone at DEVONtechnologies for your awesome products and support, and to everyone else on this forum for your enthusiasm, friendliness and expertise.

5 Likes

I also want to add my sincere thank you to everyone who made DevonThink possible, as well as this community and the great support.

Every once in a while, one comes across products where it’s obvious that they are a “labor of love” for those who have created them, and therefore they achieve real excellence.

In my view, DevonThink without a doubt falls into this category. It certainly has made a big dent in my universe, and this is after just one year of using it.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

I’m glad I stumbled across this five years ago.

Good luck in navigating the future of this product.

3 Likes

My only regret is that I did not started using it earlier.

7 Likes

I would like to add my congratulations also. Devonthink is an amazing product, backed by amazing support. I’m sure I’m only using the tiniest fraction of its immense capabilities, but it does what I need it to do and far better than other notetaking/web clipping/databaseproducts that I have tried. Here’s to another 20 (and more) years of success!

3 Likes

I just love the product. I’m grateful for the support I get whenever I need it.
Just continue your great work.

3 Likes

I don’t know how I stumbled on this product 13 years ago but it has truly been a gift from heaven. Best wishes and keep up the good work.

5 Likes

I have to add my thanks to the DevonThink team. You have created a wonderful product. DevonThink alone is enough to keep me using Macs!

Whenever I have had questions, I’m always impressed by how quickly and helpful @BLUEFROG’s response is.

I still think I’m scratching the surface of DevonThink (5 years on) but what I do use it for is invaluable. My work involves doing some very intricate research under time constraints. For each project, DevonThink’s brilliant search capabilities help me pin down relevant data from upwards of 200 large documents all in the blink of an eye!

So, here’s to another 20 years! Many thanks :clap:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the encouragement. It’s very appreciated :relaxed:

DevonThink is more than yet another application in the Launchpad. DT is one of the reasons there’s a Mac on my desk and in my backpack.

In that regard it reminds me of the impact of Visicalc. When that spreadsheet came out, doctors and lawyers mobbed the local Computerland store to buy Visicalc and whatever else you needed to use it. The “whatever else” part was an Apple II.

2 Likes