Convert from html to rtf with bigger font size

Hi, how can I modify the font size when converting html to rtf? I cannot read the converted files at 12p. I need to convert html to rtfs with font sizes of 14p or 16p.

Changing the format inside each created rtf is not an option, because they are far too many files. If there is no setting or file to be modified for the conversion into rtf, please let me know if there is an existing Apple script I could use.

There’s neither an option nor a preference but the scripts in ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Scripts/Format demonstrate how to script text attributes.

Thanks for your reply. Those scripts don’t seem to solve the stated problem, because they still have to be applied to each one of the files, one after another. I have a few thousand imported files to go through, so formatting them individually is not a feasible option. Is there a way to increase font size of all selected files at once?

So far I just trimmed one of the suggested scripts to:

tell application id "DNtp"
	try
		tell selected text of think window 1
			set properties to {size:18}
		end tell
	end try
end tell

Here’s a simple example:

tell application id "DNtp"
	try
		set theSelection to the selection
		if theSelection is {} then error "Please select some records."
		repeat with theRecord in theSelection
			set theWin to open window for record theRecord
			tell text of theWin to set {line spacing, font, size, alignment} to {1.0, "Courier New", 14.6, left}
			close theWin with saving
		end repeat
	on error error_message number error_number
		if the error_number is not -128 then display alert "DEVONthink Pro" message error_message as warning
	end try
end tell

The script is great, thank you. I have now applied it to thousands of documents, with a small modification that I wonder if it is correct:

repeat while think window 2 exists
	close theWin with saving
end repeat

I still have a good number of rtfs weirdly formatted by another app. The easiest way to change their format for me would be to previously convert them to markdown. I can do it, but I wonder if DEVONthink’s Search and AI features will work exactly the same for Markdown as they do for rtf and html documents.

Is there any disadvantage in using Markdown in DT?

Markdown is just plain text, which is obviously a first class citizen in DEVONthink. There is no disadvantage to using it. I write long-form Markdown in DEVONthink every single day.

Great. Thanks for your reply.

You’re welcome.