crash on web archive page

I’ve saved a page as a Web Archive: suitetake.com/2009/08/10/sta … rt-1-of-2/

Everytime I try to view the document in DTPO, it crashes DTPO. I then get an error message when relaunching DTPO:

Is it possible the page is running scripts and doesn’t like being a web archive?

How exactly did you save that page as a Web Archive document in DTPO? I couldn’t reproduce the problem here, though I only tested saving to the global Inbox folder from Safari.

Bookmarklet->Clip to DEVONThink->WebArchive

Firefox 3.5

I had no problem capturing that page as a WebArchive from DEVONagent.

To make the capture, I clicked on the page and pressed Command-A to Select All, then used Shift-Command. 5 to invoke the DEVONthink Pro Service to capture as a WebArchive.

Sounds like the file you captured is damaged and results in a crash every time DEVONthink attempts to display it.

Suggestion: Switch to a view that will not display the document when you select it, such as List view. Now select the document and delete it. Empty the database trash.

Try once more to capture that Web page. Comment: From my experience glitches are more likely to be encountered with WebArchive captures than with rich text or PDF captures.

The “in use” message probably resulted because the database was not properly closed when the application crashed.

Run Tools> Verify & Repair to check database integrity.

The WebKit of Safari 4.0.x is not that stable yet but the next beta will include a workaround for issues related to loading web archives.

I’m using Safari 3.x

thanks

This has started happening to me as well. It is a new behavior. I don’t remember it happening a couple weeks ago (and I was using web archives intensively then).

PDFs and other formats might be more stable, but their formatting is often pretty messed up (e.g. one line of text on one page and the rest of an article on the next).

Hope the bugs get worked out!

I’ve got more webpages that are giving me problems. 10.5.x, Safari 3.x

library.creativecow.net/articles … e/skip.php

Is it the scripts on the page causing problems?

Process: DEVONthink Pro [3065]
Path: /Applications/DEVONthink Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/DEVONthink Pro
Identifier: com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2
Version: 2.0 (2.0pb6)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [127]

Interval Since Last Report: 1473876 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 14
Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 266451 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 5

Date/Time: 2009-08-29 22:14:19.570 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.7 (9J61)