Create template for mind mapping

I am new in the community and I have a question.
Is there in DT a possibility to create a template to work in a mind map?
Thanks for any information.

DEVONthink doesn’t support mind mapping, therefore a template could only create a document for your preferred mind mapping application.

Welcome @Jost63

I am curious what kind of template you’d be thinking of for a mind map. I always think of a mind map as a clean slate, starting from one focal idea and branching out from there. Are you using mind maps in a manner that you’d want to start from an existing, default structure?

1 Like

My idea is to have a text template to use it for quick mind mapping. I saw it on youtube the there was the possibility to open a new template an there was a simple box as startoption. From this there was the possibility to create simple maps as well.

• Was this a video specifically in regards to DEVONthink?
    • If so, what is the URL?
1 Like

(252) Outlining in Devonthink - YouTube

I don’t see where the presenter is suggesting he created a mind-mapping template.
:thinking:

He Shows ist at 1:45

Ahh… and haha! I was watching that video at a previous time and didn’t notice it resumed playback where I left off. :stuck_out_tongue:

He hasn’t done anything special here (with no offense to him). He just created a MindNode document with Mind Map as the central node, saving it to the ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/Templates.noindex/ directory - in his case, in a aaWriting subfolder he created.