Custom icons - next version of DTTG

Any chance the new feature release will give us the ability to change the icons used for groups? And, did I see that custom filters will also make it into the release?
Thanks for any response.

There are no current plans for custom icons in DEVONthink To Go.

And can you clarify what you mean by ”filters”?

Yes, sorry, wrong term for DTTG. I meant the ability to create custom smart groups, other than the default ones. Thanks.

And just so I’m clear on icons, I meant being able to click on the icon top left of information window and paste my own jpg or png like you can with Mac version. Still the same answer?

Yes, sorry, wrong term for DTTG. I meant the ability to create custom smart groups, other than the default ones. Thanks.

Understood. Due to the differences in underlying technology, implementing smart groups is no trivial matter. The possibility of syncing smart groups created in DEVONthink on the Mac is more reachable, but consider the UI required to create them then think of the limited UI and screen space on an iPhone. Not so simple from a UI standpoint too. However, smart group support is one of the items on our list.

And just so I’m clear on icons, I meant being able to click on the icon top left of information window and paste my own jpg or png like you can with Mac version. Still the same answer?

Yes, still the same answer. It may be feasible but we’d have to downsample images with excessive resolution and also modify the Info popup to support it.

The requests are noted though.