Custom Metadata Columns linked erroneously

I have custom metadata, amongst other things "Ordner, “Abschnitt” and “Register”. In a global smart group I would like to see the columns for those three in the list view in the view pane. When I option click the column headers and select “Ordner” from the list, “Ordner” receives a tick and appears as a column. When I do the same for “Abschnitt”, both “Abschnitt” and “Register” are ticked, but only “Abschnitt” appears as a column. “Register” does not. If I click again on “Register” in the list, then both “Abschnitt” and “Register” have the tick removed, and the “Abschnitt” column is removed. The “Register” column does not appear regardless of what I do.

Only the 2nd and 3rd custom metadata seem linked in this way.

Is this a global smart group? In this case it might be a known issue that will be fixed by the next maintenance release.

Well, in the specific case I posted it was a smart group, yes. However the bug is present regardless of where (inbox, groups, smart groups) I change the columns: custom metadata “Abschnitt” and “Register” are always linked, and “Register” never displays as a column.

Could you please send the file ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3/CustomMetadata.plist to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks!

can do, have done :slight_smile: thanks for looking into this :slight_smile: