DA and access-restricted databases

I’ve searched the forum and can’t find the answer to my question, so please forgive me if this has been answered. I would appreciate the link, however.

Here’s the deal: I’m a PhD student who does most of his research using access-restricted databases. I spend a lot of time searching Project MUSE, JSTOR, and MLA. I know I can make my own plug-in for password controlled databases like these, but I haven’t seen any mention of anyone actually using it regularly. There’s a big difference between something being possible and something being practical.

So: does anyone use (these or any other) access-restricted database for regular DEVONagent searches? I am particularly interested for anyone using it in a university setting for one of those very expensive databases which have full-text searching of academic journals. Because, for my work, there’s virtually nothing of any value on the free interweb. Sure, I like the play there, but my research is restricted to costly journals.

I was hope this is a dumb question, so I can jump on the sale before it ends…

Thanks.

While waiting for other responses, note that you can still browse and capture from DEVONagent and DT Pro.

I subscribe to Science online. But Science doesn’t like agents such as DEVONagent, so I can’t do 'bot searches on their site.

Nevertheless, a new issue comes out every week, and I simply browse it for interesting material and capture items of particular interest.

I use all those databases, but not with a plug-in, just build searches as required by Silver Platter and the like and save the results in either DT Pro or D Note. I do find that some free sites can be helpful: vos.ucsb.edu/ in particular for humanities research. These are both vetted sites and I trust the judgement of the editors and librarians involved.