DA and scopus

I tried to make a plugin for Scopus search but failed miserably due to my poor XML knowledge and relatively complex search engine offered by Scopus.

I use DTP as a collection/(re)search tool for pdfs of scientific papers, and started thinking that maybe I don’t need DA to search for the papers (which is unfortunate, since DA offers by far superior searching and filtering capabilities, and smooth transfer to DTP).

Would launching scopus from web browser within DTP and searching from there do the same job, i.e. locate an abstract and, if suitable, download a pertinent pdf(s) and store it within DTP?

Regards,

Gvido

Scopus seems to require a login, there’s no public search engine. DEVONthink Pro’s browser is more or less similar to other browsers but you could add download links (e.g. PDF documents) to the download manager and directly download them to the database.

The University has a systemwide license for scopus so I access its search engine from there.

I am sorry, but I don’t understand what do you mean by: “you could add download links (e.g. PDF documents) to the download manager and directly download them to the database.” How do I do it? Thanks.

Regards,

Gvido

In DEVONthink, right-click a link in a web page you’re browsing and select “Add Link to Downloads”. This adds the file to the Download Manager.