DA crashes, then search sets disappear from options

Difficult to explain but I’ll try.

Platform: MacPro, 5GB RAM, 10.5.1 current on all patches. DA 2.3

Will be working away (typically clicking through pages using the right/left arrows in browser) and suddenly DA will crash. When I restart it the program shows up as unregistered (it isn’t, of course) and there are no search sets to choose from (where i’d typically hit the little magnifying glass on the search window and select things like "fast scan, deep search, and so on).

I assume some plist type file has been trashed but don’t know. Has happened to me more than once since going to Leopard.

Could be Preferences .plist file problems. Quit DEVONagent. You can find the relevant files for DEVONagent at ~/Library/Preferences/. They will be named com.devontechnologies.devonagent… Trash them, logout/login or restart. They will be recreated. You will need to register again, using the information from your license code email.

In addition, please send the crash log (see ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter) to our support address so that we can check what caused the crash. Thanks!

I’m having pretty much the same problem as mr_wahlee, only using a 24 inch iMac, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1, 500GB drive. The crash always occurs in the DA browser when I use the back/forth arrows or click on links within the window, i.e., on the website, a time or two. I’ve tried it with multiple websites, with ad blocking both off and on. I didn’t actually lose my search sets until DA had crashed for the 3rd time or thereabouts. I had to use Time Machine to replace my DA folder in the Library. Help please, I really need to get some search work done.

Sincerely,
ChemBob

Do you use 1password? Because this sounds like an incompatible version of 1password.

Christian, I don’t even know what 1password is. I assume it is some sort of program, but I’ve never loaded anything like that. Extremely fast response, btw.

ChemBob

Please send the latest crash log (located in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter) to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com and I’ll check what’s causing the problem.

Christian,

Done. I sent you the three from yesterday.

Thanks,
Bob

The web history seems to be damaged, just delete ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONagent/Web History.plist while DEVONagent isn’t running.