Database password issue

I thought it wise to institute some simple database password protection via the database properties settings. The username and password I entered, however, did not unlock the now locked database. I peeked in ‘Settings.plist’ to look for the un/pw and they are what I have on record. When I copy and paste directly from the plist the database still refuses to unlock.

I’m wondering now if it’s due to certain symbols in the password and username. To fix this I edited the keys in the plist file with a simple un/pw and everything is working now.

Even though this is a relatively easy fix I’m sure there are less technically inclined individuals using your software that might run into serious trouble with this issue.

hi.

i suspect that because it is such low level protection (no encryption, easily accessed via finder or spotlight) they didn’t include support for special characters. still, there is nothing in the manual warning against special characters, so that is a problem. could you tell us which ones you used?

Username: VDlAhynrGEkUMhUaVUZY

Password: Rn+6a}[Y.r5|7kl79U83

Just checked this and it works as expected. Which version of DEVONthink & Mac OS X do you use?

DEVONthink Pro Office 2.8.2

Mac OS X 10.10.1