Database Password

Even if a database is password protected, can’t someone just go to your dtBase file and right click “Show Package Contents”?

Certainly. However, in DEVONthink 1.x, they won’t be able to see any text, HTML or WebArchive content.

For databases needing a high degree of security we recommend storing them in encrypted disk images. If you do that, don’t forget your password! You can use Disk Utility to create an encrypted disk image.

Thanks Bill. I use an encrypted disk image for DevonThink, so I am not worried, just curious. On a separate topic, I received my ModBook last week. So far I am very happy with it.

Great. I’m happy with my ModBook and find the handwriting recognition very good, although I’ve had to adapt to it a bit to get very high accuracy. I frequently do Support and forum responses using digitizer pen input, especially when I’m out in my woods this summer.

Be sure to leave Bluetooth turned off unless you have an OS X-compatible Bluetooth USB adapter plugged in. My wireless Apple keyboard and mouse work fine with a D-Link Bluetooth dongle.