Database wont open

Beta 3 of the Sync plugin was posted on the Blog on 19 December. This is the same source for download of the public beta that you used for beta 2.

If you experience problems, please use the bug report procedure described in the release notes, as the developer needs specific information about what went wrong in order to help you.

Ok great thanks. I missed this because “sync” is not in the title, its cut off. another reason I think the blog is not the best place to put software! I will give this a try soon, fingers crossed.

I have upgraded to the latest version of the sync plugin but the problem still existed. I could not import a large database into my iMac. But it worked and synced fine on my Macbook.

So I have decided to use another approach. I have now split my “Archive” folder into separate folders by year, 2006, 2007 etc. and put the relevant files in each one. This way I have many smaller databases. I am now in the process of importing them onto my iMac and so far so good. If it is a problem with a file and so happens again on one of these smaller databases, then I may be able to identify the database and maybe even the file and try to fix that, as it would be easier than fixing a 10Gb database.