default font and font size in lists

It seems that when you create a new RTF and right away format a list (from the Format -> List… menu), you get Helvetica 12 pt font.

Helvetica 12 is way too small on my 24" iMac, but I can’t figure out how to set a new default since Helvetica isn’t listed as a default font for anything in Preferences. It’s annoying to have to change the font size every single time I format a list like this. This doesn’t happen if you have text in the RTF before you start a list, but I don’t always do that (often the “header” for the list is the title of the RTF and the bullet points are all I want in the text).

If i’s merely an issue of seeing the text at a comfortably readable size, just use the magnify keyboard shortcut, ‘Shift-Control-Command-+’. Or the corresponding menubar command under View.

The magnification setting will be remembered by DEVONthink.

This is like the magnify command in many word processors. A font size chosen for printing a document is often too small to read comfortably on the computer screen.

So the problem was that the shortcut under the View menu is listed as “Control-Command-+” not “Shift-Control-Command-+” (for zooming out, “Control-Command–” alone works, but not for zooming in)

This can be modified in System Preferences > Keyboard > Application Shortcuts.

The shortcut is displayed as (since “=” is lower case “+”)