"Delete selected page" is greyed out

See screenshot below: “delete selected page” in thumbnails view is greyed out. Why is this?

To me it looks as if the record is locked

(DEVONthink 3.8 Documentation, page 118 shows where that information is displayed in the inspector)

It doesn’t appear to be locked:

Screenshot 2021-12-26 at 18.05.16

It could be the Apple PDFKit issue discussed in other posts.

You could try converting to PDF (Paginated): go to “Data” → “Convert” → “to PDF (Paginated)” - see if that resolves the problem.

It creates a duplicate file so you would probably want to delete the original.

In the Navigation bar above the view/edit pane, a crossed pencil icon would indicate the file is read-only.

That would seem to be it, thanks! Is there a way to change the read-only status in DT?

Weirdly, I’ve just happened upon the same problem. I was able to edit the PDF in Preview and save it back to DT, after which the pencil icon was gone. This would seem to be some sort of write protect offered by the PDF specification rather than the OS, and - like many PDF specifications - only regarded by some software (including, presumably, PDFKit).

As an aside: My PDF was - apparently - generated by Microsoft: Print to PDF

No, you can’t change a read-only status. It’s usually an indicator of a PDF that may pose a problem with Apple’s PDFKit.

You could try using Data > Convert > to Paginated PDF but there’s no guarantee that will resolve it.

That did resolve it. Thanks.

You’re welcome.