Devon Think Pro HTML to PDF conversion Script?

Hi,

I am using DevonThinkPro 1.9 and Devon Agent 2 as a research database. It quickly became an indispensable tool. Nevertheless I am facing strong performance problems making the program almost unusable (G5 Dual 1,8G with 1,5GB RAM). Although the database is currently only around 700MB and has 2-3 levels of nested folders (103 Groups) it slows down dramatically. I tried the list view recomendation (w/o preview), but it does not really improve the situation. I tried the menu options: backing up, repairing, optimizing etc. Nothing solved my problem. Maybe someone has another idea?

Nevertheless I figured out that the performance problems may be related to HTML pages (1.147 in total) that I imported from Devon Agent (no WebArchive, simple HTML export). It seems that every link has to be updated before any action could be taken (e.g. moving entries from one folder to another). So I would like to convert my HTML database entries to paginated PDF. I know that the links will be lost, but at least I am able to review the content. Maybe WebArchive format is another option, but I am not sure about the performance and data integrity. Any recommendations? Is there any script available that allows a batch process for converting the database content from HTML to PDF?

Kind Regards,

Stefan

Hi,

after checking all my database entries (which was an wfully slow and time consuming process) I tracked down the problem to Weblinks I imported from Devon Agent. Although they were working and not reported as problematic, the database slowed down to “not responding” as soon as they were listed in the list view (w/o preview). I deleted them and imported them again as HTML. Now everything works fine. Nevertheless I do not understand how active Weblinks can slow down Devon Think Pro so dramatically. Is this usual behavior or a strange error?

Kind Regards,

Stefan