DEVONagent 4 Wishlist

We don’t announce release dates but it will be definitely available later this year.

4 Likes

Jumping in on the thread. I downloaded DA for the first time yesterday. I’m running on M1 13" MBP with 16GB of RAM.

The first thing I checked - is the app running native Apple code. Yes it is.

When first started playing yesterday I nearly jumped on here and asked if I needed to buy an M2 Ultra with 128GB RAM to get performance.

More realistically - the UI thread can be slow when I delete an entry from the the list.

Feature request:

• Give me a way to rate the items I find and then allow me to sort by the rating. Logic - I have a list with 100+ entries on Agile KPIs so far I’ve found 3 gems, they’re easily lost
  • When I specify that the search should fetch previews in advance, please make the first results available right away. So I can start browsing while the rest are pulled down in the background.

The ranking & sorting changes all the time while searching, therefore there are no “first” results. At least unless you’re switching to Unsorted.

asked if I needed to buy an M2 Ultra with 128GB RAM to get performance.

Why?

Performance is mostly based on what type of search you’re doing, network conditions, and server responses. For example, if you’re doing a Web (Deepest) search, it will obviously take much longer than a Web (Fast) search.

Not search performance which I understand, but UI performance.

Twice I’ve had the application look like it locked up when I was deleting an search result. I went off to do something else and UI unlocked. Both times I checked and my machine wasn’t working under heavy CPU load, nor was there memory pressure.

Did you perform only one search concurrently? In addition, do you remember the approx. number of results?

Only one search at a time so far. This was my first search with DA. I didn’t know about archiving so I’ve lost the search, however I had 120 - 140 results. The search had completed before I played with the UI so that shouldn’t have been an issue.

• What OS are you running?

• What search were you running?

MacOS 12.5.1

Search: Lean Thinking (? I think)

What plugin or search set?

Deep - I think

Just turned into a paying user. (I naively assume that v4 will come a healthy discount ;-). Given discussion on another thread, I have only one request. Give me a clever way to open links in my default browser.

Reason: I have a number of shortcuts/KM macros that work with Safari/Chrome. Also my instance of safari has plugins that DA never will. By allowing me to open directly in Safari I get the magic of these tools and still benefit from the clever DA search functions

Thank you for the suggestion! Did you try Data > Launch URL (or Cmd-Ctrl-O) to open the selected results or the current tab in your default browser?

There’s also nice tools available that let you pick where you want links to open - e.g. Velga (free) or Choosy.

Here’s what i am presented with when i click on Launch URL in the DA results:

You can even set up rules in the apps to open links clicked in a particular app in a particular browser.

I didn’t know this is existed. I looked on a context menu when over a link. I expected something that said: “Open in Default Browser”.

The challenge in this case:

• Launch URL doesn’t scream will go to default browser
  • Hidden on the Data menu, I only found it because you told me.
1 Like

The command is also available in the context menu of search windows.

Still on schedule for this? Looking forward to it :grimacing:

An update for DEVONagent was actually released in September, DEVONagent 4’s schedule & features haven’t been announced yet and won’t until it’s ready.

3 Likes

If I could add to this wishlist for the next DEVONagent, I’d really welcome the ability to set a larger font size in the list of results. My old eyes can’t handle the tiny font in the list of search results – it’s a strain even when I’m wearing glasses. I’ve set the fonts in the preferences to 14 point but it doesn’t affect the panel with the search results.

2 Likes

This is actually planned.

3 Likes