After several months of problem free use, DevonAgent suddenly can’t get an internet connection. Search doesn’t function and browser “can’t connect to host”. All my other internet based applications/browsers are working fine. I’m using a Mac with OS 10.3.9. How can I fix this problem? I’m truly mystified.
Sorry for the late response, and hope you got DEVONagent back on the Net.
I haven’t encountered that particular problem, but would have suggested rebooting the computer first, if that didn’t work then deleting your DA prefs file second, and finally running permissions repair and (booting from your installation disk) disk repair.
I found the problem, and it was at my end, not DEVONagent’s. I’ve got a security app. installed on my Mac; when one of it’s functions is activated, DEVONagent can’t connect to the internet. If I deactivate that particular security function before using DEVONagent, it connects without a problem. But thanks for your reply.
Ah, the many variables.
Glad it’s working for you again.
I had a similar problem today. Turns out that LittleSnitch prevented DA from working, and perhaps also, at least sometimes, DT Pro.
Thanks for the forum, it solved my problem. (Although I would have like dto be able to search the forum with the query “can’t connect to host” without turning up every single word in the query. Turned out I had to search “connect” AND “host”. But that gave me the answer.)