DEVONthink 1.9.3 and DEVONnote 1.7 Require OS X 10.3.9 or up

The Tiger-compatible versions of DEVONthink and DEVONnote released on April 27, 2005 will not run on OS X versions lower than 10.3.9.

Apple added some “Tiger code” to Panther 10.3.9, such as the ability of Safari and WebKit to save WebArchives of Web pages that contain images as well as text, and PDFKit, which enables some of the PDF improvements of Tiger. This allows substantial enhancements in DEVONthink and DEVONnote in the current version of Panther, and of course for Tiger.

Christian and Eric have recently noted in the forum that future versions of DEVONthink will require OS 10.3.9 at a minimum. Users who need to run an older version of OS X should hang on to the previous versions of DEVONtechnologies applications. They will continue to run well, and their databases will be ready for an eventual upgrade to Tiger (or a new Mac).

A possible bug in the French localizations of DT 1.9.3 and DN 1.7: the “New Window” command doesn’t work for at least some users. Switching to the English or German localization works.

Since I work in french I can confirm this bug. After the reading of the original post I disabled the french language and effectively everything just worked fine.javascript:emoticon(’:D’)

French users can redownload and install DEVONthink 1.9.3, as it works properly now.