DEVONthink 3.8 - Congratulations

Well done pushing out an update. Lots of things to explore!

13 Likes

Nice to see the checksums - better assurance of database integrity. Very nice!

4 Likes

Thanks! Yes, this one is a bigger than normal release! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

And, as usual, the most excellent user guide (also available through the in-app Help) updated contemporaneously: so much appreciated, thank you.

Stephen

7 Likes

Thank you! Can we pay for this, please?

:-)))

Congrats to the team: wonderful!

5 Likes

Incredible update! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Make your checks payable to BLUEFROG, 1234 Anytown USA…
:wink:

6 Likes

Who said anything about checks, Jim: mine would be in gold bullion and vouchers for a fantastic holiday somewhere :slight_smile:

And I’m likely showing my age and nationality since paper checks have been archaic in Europe for a long time!
My mother still sits down and writes checks to send via the post office for paying bills :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last time I was in the UK (my nationality) I asked my bank there for a new cheque book. They politely agreed, but with the inference, “Is sir sure that he wants to do that?”. I quickly realized why.

But then I’m old enough to remember postal orders and telex.

Haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fully agree! Excellent update!

3 Likes

Excellent update!

Seconded :clap:- the new Annotations inspector is great, looking forward to using the Mentions inspector.

Thankyou to all at DT. :grin:

4 Likes

The capability of importing images while editing Markdown is just what I needed! This is a solid one, thanks!

3 Likes

I’ve just had a scan through the Release Notes. There’s an awful lot there – an impressive update!

There’s a lot to take in, just in the headline updates, which look very useful, and which I look forward to trying out.

But I also want to say thank you for some of the minor things which people have asked for almost in passing on the forum, and which have been incorporated.

I’m thinking of small convenience features like the ‘Go to a panel’ menu commands. Not huge in the scheme of things, but to see small feature requests like this being incorporated over time is very welcome.

Also, DT3 is becoming more and more capable as a Markdown editor/environment in its own right and that’s very welcome to me, and I imagine many others. (It’s getting to the stage for me when it’s only the lack of typewriter scrolling which stops me using it as the sole editor).

So, many thanks again for the immense amount of work which must have gone into this update (and its documentation… :grinning:).

5 Likes

A huge thank you to the team for this massive update! The new features are welcome and already changing my way of working with DEVONthink, and many of my recent requests have also been implemented :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Huge congrats to the DEVONthink team on the launch of DT 3.8 and DTTG 3.2. Together, one feels like running a DT 4 already :slight_smile:

The change list for DT 3.8 is truly impressive with lots of small awesome improvements but also huge new features - is the real credit to the motto of the company, its team and its software.

4 Likes

I’d say this is a real upgrade free of charge… )
A serious gift from developers!
Big thanks to the dev team!

7 Likes

Thanks, team! This is an amazing update and it’s much appreciated.

3 Likes

I know I’m late to the party, but just want to chip in and say thanks to all of the DEVONthink people for bringing this to us! Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes