DEVONthink 3 Services

I’m curious about the various Services that exist for DT3, and when & where they’re available.

• In the Finder, I can Right-Click a document, and go down to Services, and I’ll see the option to “Add to DEVONthink 3”.
  • In Mail, if I Right+Click on an attachment, I can go down to Share, and “Add to DEVONthink 3.”
  • In Mail, or any other location in which I can select text, I can then Right+Click and go to Share to “Add to DEVONthink 3”, or go to Services and do the following: Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 10.23.02 AM
  • In Messages, if I Right+Click an attachment (photo), I don’t see the option to “Add to DEVONthink 3” under Services. But I do see the options for Text: Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 10.24.55 AM

When and where will the DEVONthink Service & Share options exist, in particular “Add to DEVONthink 3”? Do I have any control over their appearance?

Cheers!

They exist for DEVONthink 3, but they are controlled by macOS.

I think this one (“add to DEVONthink 3”) will appear when the app can pass the file as an argument to the script.

What you mean by that?

If you need to activate or deactivate them, you can go to Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts

1 Like

@Bernardo_V is correct. Services are not always shown, but are dependent on what the current application is reporting.

1 Like