DEVONthink AppStore Version - where are my data?

I tried to move from the AppStore version of DEVONthink Personal to the Webshop version. After uninstalling the AppStore version all my data are gone, the Webshop version starts with an empty database. Since I use Time Machine the data should not be completely lost. However I cannot find the place where it is stored. It seems to be different from ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 2.

The App Store version and the version available from our Download page use the same database, the folder named DEVONthink 2, which is stored (in your user account) at ~/Library/Application Support/.

Normally, removing the App Store copy of DEVONthink Personal 2.x with a copy of the application from our Download page should immediately recognize the existing database and open it.

How did you do the uninstall of the App Store copy of DEVONthink? If you used a third-party uninstaller (I hate those), it may have deleted your database, and thus caused a problem.

It’s fortunate that you do have a Time Machine backup, as that will allow you to Restore the database.

If you don’t know how to locate the database folder in your Time Machine backups, please start a Support ticket and we will walk you through that.

Hi and thanks for the quick response. I uninstalled the Appstore copy from the launchpad, i.e. keeping the mouse button pressed until the symbols start to wobble, then clicking the cross on the DEVONthink symbol. This obviously not only removed the database but the license information too. I had to reinstall the Appstore version, drag the program to the waste bin and install the webstore version again to get a licensed copy.
Going back in the timeline of Time Machine however I could not find a DEVONthink 2 folder at ~/Library/Application Support/. Strange. I will continue to search for the missing data. Thanks.

Data found and restored from Time Machine backup. Thanks for your help.