DEVONthink became laggy after recent update

Devonthink 3.9.2 on Macbook Pro M1 Pro 13.5 (22G74)

After the recent update, DEVONthink will freeze for about 1-2 seconds whenever I switch from other apps.

Another issue I noticed is that when I open a pdf or markdown file, that window will also freeze for a few seconds before I can click or select words from those files.

None of those happened before updating.

Thank you for any suggestions.

And does this persist after rebooting the Mac?

Hi,

I tried rebooting the Mac. It seems that happened less frequently. Now it just happened randomly.

Sometimes, I just open a Markdown without making any changes, and when I try to close it, it freezes.

Do you think it may be related to my RAM usage? DEVONthink takes about 2.25G memory.

2.25GB isn’t much if you have a good amount of data in open databases.

In DEVONthink, hold the Option key and select Help > Report Bug .

And when the application is stalled, do a Spotlight search for Activity Monitor. Select our application in the list of processes - it should show “(Not Responding)” and the name in red - and press Command-Option-S to run a sample on it. When the sample window opens, press the Save button and save it to your Desktop. Please attach this text file to your support ticket so we can inspect it. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you.

I found that when it happened, the Activity Monitor does not show “Not Responding”, but the mouse cursor shows Busy (color wheel) in any DEVONthink windows and I cannot click anywhere in there.

Because it goes quickly, I cannot run the sample when it is happening.

Please open the support ticket anyways. Thanks.

Submitted.

Thank you.