Devonthink files in iCloud cannot be deleted

I have 42 GB of files from Devonthink in iCloud, but I want to delete them because I now save them locally. The deletion process in System Preferences is always aborted without success.
How do I get rid of the files? Deletion attempts from iOS did not work either.

This is iCloud’s process, not ours, and it won’t be interrupted. This is not in our control.

1. If you are syncing multiple devices with iCloud, disable the iCloud sync location in DEVONthink or DEVONthink To Go, but leave one device active.
  2. On a Mac, go into DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync, right-click the sync location and choose Clean Location.
    In DEVONthink To Go, go into Settings > Sync: Edit Locations, left-swipe the sync location and choose Clean.

This will remove the sync data and iCloud should eventually clean up the sync data on Apple’s servers.

Unfortunately, it didn’t do any good. Earlyer I deleted the DT files in iCloud-Drive manually. Maybe it was a mistake?

Thanks anyway for your help.

Translated by DeepL

DEVONthink’s sync doesn’t use your iCloud Drive folder. If you have an iCloud Drive sync location in DEVONthink, your software is out of date.

1 Like

Hi Jim
Yeah, it could be a remnant from earlier times. Could solve the problem with the “invisible” 42 GB non-deletable in the iCloud-Disk folder using DaisyDisk (in administrator mode). Thanks again for your help.