DEVONthink hangs when I try to "update indexed items"

For many months, I have been successfully indexing a Box folder that is synchronized on my machine via Box Drive. Because changes to this file are not automatically detected by DEVONthink, I’ve been in the practice of using “update indexed items” to pick up changes.

Today, when I try to “update indexed items”, the application hangs and I have to do “force quit” and restart. The database appears to be ok and does not show any verification errors. The folder being indexed also appears to be fine.

Any suggestions?

What version of DEVONthink and OS are you running?

I have a similar plan to Index my Box drive folder on a Mac running latest Monterrey 12.3 and DT 3.8.3. Is it ok to Index that combo?

I’m running Monterey 12.2.1 and DT 3.8.3

Could you please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), select the frozen DEVONthink 3 while updating the indexed items in the list of processes, choose the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!

I’m pleased to report that after checking the settings on this Box Drive folder, making sure that the option to “make available offline” is checked (and giving the folder some time to sync up), that the “update indexed items” now works again!

Thanks to @cgrunenberg for the suggestion to check that folder setting!

3 Likes