DEVONthink Issue (was crashed)

Hello! I have an issue after opening saved web archive in DT database.
This is a link which i saved - http_s://blog.aravazhi.in/apt-evading-fireeye-and-trendmicro-to-intrude-stock-exchange

it was saved via chrome extension.
Anyone have the same issue with this site? Maybe it is a content parsing problem inside DT.

app version - 3.8.3

Screen Recording 2022-04-05 at 17.34.31

Did the system show the crash reporter? Which version of macOS do you use?

nothing, just shutdown. i can provide any additional info as you need.
monterey 12.2.1 (21D62)

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks! A copy of the clipped web archive would be useful too.

Done. Thank you for reply.

JFTR: I can confirm that. Saved as Webarchive from Firefox, opened in DT, and boom.
Opening it in Safari works ok (i.e., the browser does not crash).

The page is, BTW, producing a ton of security warnings due to lax CSP rules. But I doubt that those are the reason for the crash here.

Unfortunately an issue of the WebCore (a part of the WebKit). Unfortunately only Apple can fix this, therefore one workaround is to clip a different format (PDF, RTF or Markdown).

Did you test it on latest macos/webkit version?

Monterey 12.3.1.

1 Like

safari must be crashed too? after opening .webarchive file? because, my safari dont.

Apple not only has frameworks accessible to only them, they are using a different version of WebKit than we are. Switching to a newer framework is not a simple matter so if it happens, it won’t be soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

That link is also crashed DT software… (after webarchive creation/open) :frowning:

https://zerosum0x0.blogspot.com/2020/08/sassykitdi-kernel-mode-tcp-sockets.html

how to avoid that content? any time when i save the article, and try to open - my DT was crashed, and i need to open all my databases again, have many repair errors, etc. Can you add some checks or test before save the webarchive to avoid application crashes? or find which pattern is distruct the DT… i can provide any debug info if you need to help fix this problem