DEVONthink missing from Services

Trying before buying DEVONthink 1.8.1b on an iMac G3 w/OS 10.2.8

Under Tips and Tricks, pg.33, of the manual it says I can select text and use the services to copy it into DEVONthink as new content.  There are no DEVON services in the services menu.  What must I do to get it there?

There are two possible reasons:

1. Some APE haxies are buggy and therefore the services don’t appear on the menu

2. The number of services of OS X 10.2.x is limited - if there are too many items (around 60-70), the menu doesn’t appear in Carbon applications aynmore

Yes, I read about those situations in Troubleshooting; sorry I didn’t mention that.

There are only a dozen services in the menu, almost all standard Apple things; nothing close to 60.

I’m not running any haxies that I’m aware of.  I may have installed, tried, and trashed Unsanity’s App Enhancer (via MacAddict CD).  Faded memories of that.  Maybe I need to hunt down something left over from it?  Nothing in OS X Extensions folder.  Where else should I look?

fyi, I’m very excited about DEVON software.  I’ve looked at several similar info-organizing apps and yours appear to be the best by a big margin.  Purchases are on my budget plan for June!  (but I do need to figure out this services problem…)

Are you running DEVONthink from within the Applications folder? If not, place it there and see if your problem is solved.

Bill,

you’re right - forgot to mention that DT should be located inside the Applications folder under OS X 10.2.x. In addition, please log out and in again if you haven’t done this since the installation of DT - OS X updates its services menu only while logging in.

Ah.  No, I had it on me desktop; should’ve paid more attention to the install directions!  Works fine now, and after a login.  WooHoo!