DevonThink Office 2.0pb4 crashes at startup. Any Workaround?

iMac G5 isight, 1,9 GHz, Mac OS X 10.5.6

I confirmed the update massage of DevonThink for above mentioned Version today.
Now, when I start DevonThink (which connects per default at startup to my local database), the application crashes.

mac pro, 3ghz, 10gb ram, OSX 10.5.6

Same here, program worked fine before the update and now it crashes/hangs on startup (synchronizing inbox).

Public beta 4 should not crash. Perhaps the application was damaged during download or installation, or the .plist file in Preferences was damaged.

Please locate the preferences .plist file at ~/Library/Preferences/ and delete it (but don’t delete your registration file). For DT Pro, the preferences .plist file will be named “com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2.plist”.

Now delete the currently installed DT file from Applications. Download it at http://www.devon-technologies.com/download/index.html. If you have a problem because the Sorter is active, open Activity Monitor and Quit the Sorter.

Allright: I proceeded according to your instructions - deleted Prefs, restarted installed a fresh copy of DT.
DevonThink now starts with a new Database. So far so good.
Then, if I try to open MY database (974 MB), DT crashes again. That’s not good…

btw: Sorter is not active

Please locate the crash log at ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ and attach it to a message to Support, with a brief note about what you were doing at the time. It would also be helpful if you copy any messages from the Console that tie to the time of the crash.

This doesn’t sound like a crash, the stuff you’ve added to the global inbox via the Sorter is now finally imported. See folder ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.