DevonThink Pro not syncing correctly trough iCloud

Dear All,

I am using DevonThink 3.0 beta 6 with a licence on a Macbook Pro TB 2017 in combo with an iPad Pro 11-inch 2018 endowed with DevonThink ToGo. I sync the two through iCloud.

Unfortunately, not all the modifications I made through the iPad are synchronized on the laptop. Sometimes, DevonThink updates all the modifications I made on a document (e.g. highlights and notes on a PDF) while other times only a part of them. I have tried to delete iCloud from the syncing list and add it again. But the problem seems to occur anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Are you able to successfully verify the sync store (see contextual menu in Preferences > Sync)? Did DEVONthink To Go actually already upload the changes to iCloud or is the sync button still marked as dirty (with a small dot)? Finally, DEVONthink 3.0 has been released last week, it’s highly recommended not to use betas anymore (the betas will also expire at the end of September).

DevonThink ToGo has already synchronized all the changes because te small dot does not appear. Would be maybe an issue with the desktop counterpart?

I will try to download the latest version and let you know whether there are still problems.

This could also be a delay caused by iCloud as it’s asynchronous. But first I would suggest to update the version and to verify the sync store.

Ok, I have updated the application on the laptop. The problem still sussists.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

1 Like

Done, thank you for the assistance.

I have noticed that the problem does not occur when the syncs happens across iOS devices: for instance, my iPhone XR with DevonThink ToGo has successfully synchronized with the changes made on the iPad without issues through iCloud.