Devonthink Pro Office - Indexing Files Sync

Thanks I’ve just changed it to that but still no luck. How do I navigate to find that application ID on my iMac?

I’ve also saved the script as follows and attach it here:

Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 12.56.50.png

Is this right / wrong?

I’ve successfully used Greg Jones’ script but found that it does not quite fit my desired workflow. Perhaps somebody can suggest a tweak to solve my problem.

I have a directory full of research papers, populated by another application (BibDesk) which maintains records linking to the PDFs. I have this set up as an indexed directory in DTPO. In the rare event that I get a new paper that needs OCR, I run the OCR in DTPO. My wish is for this newly created OCR version to replace the existing non-OCR version. Instead, what I am currently getting with this script is the following:

1. OCR conversion completes.
  2. The non-OCR indexed file is moved to the DTPO trash but not the OS X trash.
  3. When I select the folder, Greg’s script runs automatically.
  4. Upon deconsolidating, DTPO discovers that the file already exists in the linked directory and so it saves the OCR version with a “-1” appended to the filename.
  5. BibDesk is thus not linked to the new OCR file.

Can somebody please suggest a change to my workflow or an addition to this script to achieve my desired result? I think it used to work this way for me but then I upgraded OS X and now I don’t recall how/if I solved this problem last time.

Not super elegant, but I tested it out and it works. For my purposes it looks like this will work for now. Thanks!