Didn´s find .indd Files

Hello DEVONsphere-Team,
my Cient didn´t find .indd Files - is there a bug or a trick for this?

This feature is absolutely necessary for me - can you help me please.

BR,
Robert

Are the files located in indexed folders (see Preferences > Locations)? In addition, DEVONsphere Express requires Spotlight mdimporter plugins for third-party file formats but Adobe InDesign doesn’t seem to support Spotlight yet (see forums.adobe.com/thread/435604)

Are the files located in indexed folders (see Preferences > Locations)?
–> Yes, they are

In addition, DEVONsphere Express requires Spotlight mdimporter plugins for third-party file formats but Adobe InDesign doesn’t seem to support Spotlight yet (see forums.adobe.com/thread/435604)
–> If I search the files with spotlight they where found

A contents-based or name Spotlight search? these are two very different things.

I only need to find the .indd Files searched by Filename.

e.g.:
Filename: my-marvellous-document.indd

I want to search for “marvellous” and the document should be found - no matter what´s inside it - but, no results.

Which search term did you use and what kind of filenames should be returned for example?

As you can see in the example - i´am searching for a part of the filename and if the file has the ending .indd - devonsphere can´t find it.

e.g.:
website.indd

If i search for website oder indd - doesn´t matter - there are no results.

The folder is indexed, because other files in it - e.g. website.jpg - was found.

Thanks

Any new informations?

By default DEVONsphere Express is looking for complete words. Did you try to use wildcards like website or the substring operator like ~website? You could also try this:

1. Create a screenshot of Preferences > Categories
  2. Add an InDesign file to an indexed location
  3. Update the index
  4. Create another screenshot and compare them. If the file was successfully indexed, then at least one number should change.

Hello - Thanks for your proposal - but no, the .indd file doesn´t get indexed.

Isn´t it simpler when you copy a .indd file on your mac and try to search for it?

I really don´t know why - First I thought that the index File of DEVONsphere itself is stored as an ind or indd file - so it is programmatically excluded by DEVONsphere - could that be?

Is there anything new?

As Adobe InDesign doesn’t support Spotlight and doesn’t include useful definitions of its document types, DEVONsphere Express doesn’t index these files as they’re not recognized as documents. The next maintenance release will work around this.

Can you tell me when the new maintenance part will be realeased?

Sorry, but we don’t comment on timeframes.

I only want to know approximately when or better how often you release maintenance version.

Any news?