DN Database Location?

Forgive another tyronic question. I couldn’t find an answer in the FAQ (uh, is there an FAQ?). The Database Properties dialog gives me the option to set the path for the DB. When I do, a copy is created there. If I quit DN and restart it, I find it has gone back to ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONnote.

1. Am I missing something? is there a way to make the change of path permanent?

2. Is there some good, sensible, wire-headed reason that I don’t know for preferring the ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONnote path?

jjon,

I’m not sure why DT/DN behave that way, but I’ve just taken to creating an alias to the DEVONx folder. I place that alias in my Documents folder, which is, for reasons having to do with accessibility and, well, convention, where I believe the DEVON folder should have gone in the first place.

I’ve found on more than one OS X app that if you move default locations for apps, database or cache folders, etc, things can get ugly pretty quickly, so I just use aliases.

Due to a bug of DT 1.8.1b/DN 1.0b, this command does currently not work as expected. Therefore copying the database folder on your own and replacing the original folder with an alias pointing to the copy is recommended in the meantime.